Practical techniques to develop better valuation analysis with more flexible, accurate and structured models.
Whether it’s managing a portfolio, preparing for an imminent merger or acquisition, or marveling over the newest dollar figure attached to a tech wunderkind, valuation is the key to parsing and understanding the numbers.
Taught by Dr. Bala G. Dharan, one of the leaders in the field, the overall goal of this 2-day workshop is to help finance executives, accountants, financial consultants, and investors learn applied business valuation techniques and practices that are needed to successfully implement valuation concepts in practice. Real-world application techniques and implementation issues are addressed for key valuation steps such as cash flow forecasting, cost of capital and the terminal value, and for emerging valuation areas such as start-up and tech company valuation and intellectual property (IP) valuation. Emphasis is placed on learning valuation techniques and discussing examples of implementation from practice.
The programme will be highly interactive and sessions will include:
• The material will be presented using lecture, class exercises, and case analysis
• Active in-class learning via class discussions by participants will be emphasized.
• Participants will also work in-class on selected problems and cases in small groups.
• Personal Learning in which delegates consider next steps for their business
Participants receive a Personal Workbook filled with planning tools and practical tips
Benefits of Attending:-
The program emphasizes in-depth discussion of all applied valuation and financial modeling topics and uses real-life examples and cases to illustrate best practices.
• Get the inside track of valuation approaches
• Financial modeling and forecasting techniques for revenues, costs, capital expenditure, and other key financial statement items
• Cost of capital and terminal value determination
• Financial modeling of cash flows for start-up companies
• Using value multipliers and comparable transactions
• Quality-of-earnings analysis and preparing normalized earnings for financial due diligence
• Off-balance sheet liabilities, complex financing methods, and their relevance for valuation
• Applied techniques for the valuation of technology companies and intellectual property
• Taxation considerations for business combination and valuation
• Transfer pricing and taxation applications of valuation techniques
Who Should Attend:-
• Equity research professionals
• Corporate Financial Officers
• GM/VP/AVP/Manager M & A
• CFOs, Treasurers and Senior Finance Executives
• Executives of M&A Team
• Directors of Strategic Planning
• Commercial Bankers
• Investment Bankers
• Portfolio Managers -Corporate Restructuring
• Fund Managers
• Credit analysts at banks and other financial institutions
• Business strategists at corporations
• Compliance officers