Whether it’s managing a portfolio, preparing for an imminent merger or acquisition, or marveling over the newest dollar figure attached to a tech wunderkind, valuation is the key to parsing and understanding the numbers.
Taught by Dr Bala G. Dharan, one of the leaders in the field, the overall goal of this 2-day workshop is to help finance executives, accountants, financial consultants, and investors learn applied business valuation techniques and practices that are needed to successfully implement valuation concepts in practice. Dr. Dharan will address real-world application techniques and implementation issues for key valuation steps, including cash flow forecasting, cost of capital and terminal value, and for emerging valuation areas such as start-up, tech company valuation and intellectual property (IP) valuation. Emphasis is placed on learning valuation techniques and discussing examples of implementation from practice, including how the the post-Covid-19 economy impacts M&A, financing, and valuation.
The programme will be highly interactive and sessions will include combine:
- The material will be presented using lecture, class exercises, and case analysis
- Active in-class learning via class discussions by participants will be emphasized.
- Participants will also work on selected problems and cases in small groups in break-out sessions.
- Personal Learning in which delegates consider next steps for their business
Benefits of Attending
- Get the inside track of valuation approaches
- Financial modeling and forecasting techniques for revenues, costs, capital expenditure, and other key financial statement items
- Cost of capital and terminal value determination
- Financial modeling of cash flows for start-up companies
- Using value multipliers and comparable transactions
- Quality-of-earnings analysis and preparing normalized earnings for financial due diligence
- Applied techniques for the valuation of technology companies and intellectual property
- How the changes in the economy worldwide due to COVID-19 and central banks’ actions to pump in capital affect valuation, including cash flow forecasts, and cost of capital
- Relative usefulness of some valuation methods such as valuation ratios in the post-COVID-19 world
Who Should Attend?
- Equity research professionals
- Corporate Financial Officers
- GM/VP/AVP/Manager M & A
- CFOs, Treasurers and Senior Finance Executives
- Executives of M&A Team
- Directors of Strategic Planning
- Commercial Bankers
- Portfolio Managers -Corporate Restructuring
- Fund Managers
- Investment Bankers
- Credit analysts at banks and other financial institutions
- Business strategists at corporations
- Compliance officers